Apple symbolism can be found throughout the world, and has been most commonly associated with the tree of life. In Earth based religions apples have been used to stir one’s inner wisdom and to offer support during intense personal shifts. Paul Beyerl wrote that apples are helpful “when it is felt that the circle of seasons makes a dramatic turn.”
I find that when such dramatic turns are occurring in my life, nothing soothes me more than entering into a state of focused creation.
Whether through writing, painting, dancing, deepening the sexual connection to your partner, playing music, experimenting with creative self portraits, or crafting with your hands, this ritual tea can help inspire your expressive side while also offering gentle support as you move through any unexpected emotions that come up along the way.
When I think about what pairs well with the spiritual qualities of apples, Citrine comes to mind first because of its connection to the Sacral Chakra and Solar Plexus. Amethyst is a nice complement to Citrine because it supports the upper chakras, particularly the Throat and Third Eye. Infusing this tea with both of these crystals will ensure a healthy energetic flow.
I also decided to add a drop of Clove essential oil (or a pinch of dried clove) to the tea for helping to cleanse out any stale negative vibrations, especially those that sometimes cause us to feel unable to move forward. IMPORTANT: If you add a drop of clove essential oil, please be sure to use only therapeutic food-grade oils. (I personally use doTERRA’s Clove and appreciate the nutritional information listed on the label that lets me know that it is safe for ingestion).
Here’s the full recipe and recommended use for this tea.
- 1/2 cup dried apples
- 1/4 cup dried chamomile flower
- 1/8 cup red clover flower and red clover leaf blended
- 1 natural citrine crystal
- 1-2 small amethyst crystals
- Blend the herbs and place in a glass jar
- Infuse the crystals with your intention to heal through creative expression over the next number of days or weeks
- Add the crystals to your herbal mixture, seal with a lid, and let sit for 24 hours
- Steep 2 tbsp dried tea (without the crystals) and 1 drop of Clove oil (or one pinch of dried ground clove) per 6-8oz water
- When consuming the tea, perform as a meditative practice without distraction. Light a candle or listen to music while drinking.
- Perform this ritual daily for 7 days (this recipe should last about 7-8 days)
Have a wonderful weekend, and thanks for visiting Forest & Crow =)